Laser Treatment: Tattoo Removal with PicoSure
PicoSure is a picosecond laser technology machine. It is the first of its kind in the world. It relies on PressureWave technology to remove tattoos. For this reason, it is considered the most effective way of getting rid of tattoos on the body. When compared to other laser treatments, PicoSure removes tattoos faster and better.
How Does PicoSure Work?
The traditional methods of removing tattoos involved the use of heat to break down the tattoo ink. this heat would build-up to accomplish the intended task. However, PicoSure works differently. It works by delivering energy on the target area at very high speeds, instead of building up the heat. The energy delivered at trillionths of a second then vibrates the ink of the tattoo into small particles that begin to shutter. Since the technology uses less heat as compared to Q-Switched traditional laser, the damage to the surrounding tissues is not incurred.
The better news about PicoSure technology is that it can handle different types of tattoos. Tattoos that have been worked on before without success of removal can still be removed with this laser technology. Better yet, PicoSure works with all ink colors, including the stubborn ones like blue and green.
What To Expect From The Treatment
Now that you know what all about the procedure, it is important to be aware of what the treatment will entail for you. How much pain and discomfort will you experience? How long will the treatment take? Here are a couple of things you should expect for your procedure:
- Numbing – the area being worked on has to be number before the procedure begins. This helps to alleviate any pain and discomfort that comes with the lasers against your skin.
- Duration – the longevity of the procedure typically lasts between 5-20 minutes. However, this is affected by how large your tattoo is, and how many of them you want to be removed.
- Gradual fading – the first treatment will not completely remove your tattoo. Ideally, the PicoSure treatment works by breaking the ink particles naturally, allowing them to metabolize and exit your skin and body. This is what results in the gradual fading of your tattoo.
- Tingling sensation – this will be felt in the area of your tattoo during the procedure, and after. Thanks to the numbing medication, the discomfort will be very minor. After the procedure, the numbing effect will wear off. It is why the area is covered with pain-relieving ointment and a bandage. The discomfort, sensitivity, and swelling of the tattoo will only last a few days after the procedure.
Advantages of PicoSure For Tattoo Removal
If you have tried removing your tattoos before, it is not convincing enough that PicoSure is an advanced treatment. You must learn more about what makes it different from the previous methods, and how much you can benefit from it. Here are some of the benefits to consider:
- It is fast – this laser technology gets rid of tattoo ink marks quicker than any other method.
- It is modern technology – laser treatment is new in the market, which means it comes with the latest modifications to perform medical interventions effectively and efficiently. The advancements thereof, make it unbeatable in all laser technologies for tattoo removal.
- It is a safe method – modern technology is innovated with consideration for safety. PicoSure has advanced technology that caters to the body so that removing the ink marks of the tattoos is as safe as it can be. As mentioned earlier, the laser technology does not burn down surrounding tissues like with other traditional lasers.
- It can remove stubborn tattoos – if you previously attempted to remove your tattoo without success, PicoSure can do it for you. Better yet, stubborn tattoo colors can easily be removed with this laser treatment, as earlier mentioned.
- Few treatments are needed to achieve the desired results – unlike traditional treatments like Q-Switch laser, you will cut your treatment time by half to achieve the complete removal of the tattoo.
Faster recovery time – given that little or no damaged is suffered on the surrounding tissues, you will require very little recovery time. The only place that requires recovery is the area of the tattoo, not the entire ligament or region of your body.