WHAT IS BOTOX® COSMETIC?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary). BOTOX® injectables are administered by a healthcare professional as a simple, nonsurgical treatment that is injected directly into the muscles between the brows. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.
WHAT IS THE INJECTION TREATMENT PROCESS?
The treatment process for BOTOX® Cosmetic is simple.
Here’s what you might expect at the doctor’s office from the moment you arrive until your procedure is done (Please note that although this experience is typical, the routine at your doctor’s office may be different).
BEFORE BOTOX COSMETIC INJECTIONS
- Consult your doctor to determine whether you are a candidate for treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic
- Your doctor will ask you about your goals to determine where to administer BOTOX® Cosmetic. To do this, your doctor may examine your ability to move certain muscles in your brow area. The location, size, and use of the muscles that create furrow between your brows can vary among individuals
- Ask the doctor any questions you may have about your expectations for treatment
- Discuss treatment goals and finalize a customized treatment plan tailored to your needs
BOTOX COSMETIC TREATMENT
The administration of BOTOX® Cosmetic involves:
- No anesthesia is required. However, your doctor may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief.
- Your doctor will administer a few tiny injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic directly into the muscles that cause those moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows.
- Approximately 10 minutes for the entire treatment
AFTER BOTOX INJECTION
No downtime is needed – you’re ready to get on with your day! Your physician will give you specific aftercare instructions. Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
WHY TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT BOTOX® COSMETIC?
With real, noticeable results, no surgery and no recovery time, there are many reasons why BOTOX® Cosmetic has been chosen by millions of women and their doctors for wrinkle reduction.
BOTOX® Cosmetic has an established record of experience that your doctor knows and trusts –it’s precise and predictable.
Visible results have been shown to last up to 4 months. Your own results may vary.
Non-Surgical with No Downtime
It’s a simple, nonsurgical, 10-minute procedure with no downtime. Often called a “lunchtime procedure,” the recovery for this treatment is minimal.
If you’re looking for something to treat your moderate to severe frown lines, the area between your brows, be sure to talk to your doctor about BOTOX® Cosmetic and find out if it is right for you!
Tell your doctor about all your medical conditions, including if you have: a disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease], myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome).
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins and herbal products.